Essentials of HR Law & Compliance
Understand the role, importance, and responsibility of the HR professional with employment laws and compliance.
HR professionals are responsible to ensure compliance with relevant employment laws and aligning workplace policies with the overall business strategy. Understanding federal laws and interactions with state and local laws is a key part of the due diligence involved in this process.
- Identify and understand employer responsibilities in complying with employment laws and regulations
- Research and provide effective guidance to stakeholders on workplace issues
- Apply practical knowledge to managing compliance in the workplace
- Understand how to draft an employee manual according to the needs of an organization
- Develop steps for creating policies, establishing uniform, well-defined standards
For individuals pursuing their certificate, this course satisfies one out of the six course program requirements. For HR professionals seeking SHRM recertification, this course earns 24 professional development credits (PDCs).
Course Format: Online, Self-Directed
Schedule: Begin the Sunday following enrollment
QUESTIONS? WE'RE HERE TO HELP.
Anticipate 4-5 hours per week working through the 5-week program.
Discussion posts due on Mondays and all other deliverables due on Saturdays.
Begin your class on the Sunday following paid registration.
Stephanie Calenda is a SHRM Senior Certified HR Professional (SHRM-SCP) with over 15 years of human resources experience and is currently the Director of Human Resources for a healthcare center in Rhode Island. As an instructor in the Executive Development Center at Bryant University since 2013, she has instructed many courses during her tenure including the SHRM Certification Prep course. She holds a Master of Science in Human Resources & Labor Relations from the University of Rhode Island and a Bachelor of Science from Bryant University in Business Administration.