HR Essential Skills
There are many skills an HR professional will utilize throughout their career and are the key foundation for every Human Resources professional.
Topics covered in this class include emotional intelligence, developing positive relationships, personal branding, influencing others and managing difficult conversations.
- Understand what emotional intelligence is and start using this skill to “read the room” and anticipate potential issues between people before they arise
- Understand the importance positive relationships have on your career, including utilizing an empathetic style when dealing with people’s concerns
- Use your personal brand to enhance approachability and relationship building
- Use your influencing skills to steer others towards an outcome you desire that is beneficial to the organization or preserving positive employee relations
- Have difficult conversations with others, while focusing on facts, outcomes and managing emotions
For individuals pursuing their certificate, this course satisfies one out of the six course program requirements. For HR professionals seeking SHRM recertification, this course earns 24 professional development credits (PDCs).
QUESTIONS? WE'RE HERE TO HELP.
Anticipate 4-5 hours per week working through the 5-week program.
Discussion posts due on Mondays and all other deliverables due on Saturdays.
Begin your class on the Sunday following successful enrollment.