Project managers are change agents: they take ownership of project goals and use their skills and expertise to inspire a sense of shared purpose within the project team. Course is taught by PMI-certified PMP® instructors and aligned with national certification to enable you to understand the human side of project management, perceive approaches for agile, iterative, and adaptive environments, and understand how to prepare for the PMP® or CAPM® Exam.
This course will equip you to:
- Analyze the role of Project Management in contemporary organizations.
- Evaluate the various Project Management models, including an overview of the Agile model.
- Utilize critical Project Management terminology used throughout the PMBOK® and PMP® exams.
- Describe, in detail, the key components of the 5 Phases of every project: initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling, and closure.
- Situate the various Project Management knowledge areas within the context of the 5 project phases.
- Prepare for the CAPM® or PMP® exam.
This course is designed for individuals with varying backgrounds and experiences; whether you are relatively new to project management or currently working on projects. All courses provide the skills and current industry best practices which must be learned and perfected by current project management professionals seeking to remain current in their field and/or earn the 35 educational hours needed to sit for PMI certification. This program was designed and prepared specifically for project managers to understand their important, key role in managing and supporting key projects that align with and support organizational strategic plans.
Overview & Assignments
This five-week course is virtual instructor-led. Course will be offered as a virtual instructor-led training meeting five times for three hours of instruction via Zoom, with additional weekly supplemental reading and assignments.
Plan on approximately four hours of additional reading and/or assignments.
QUESTIONS? WE'RE HERE TO HELP.
Anticipate a total of 7 hours per week throughout the 5-week program.
Meet fellow participants virtually and build your network.
Program is offered twice per year. See schedule.