Principles of Leadership in Healthcare
Motivate colleagues, inspire confidence and resolve conflicts.
Whether you’re a new, aspiring, or seasoned leader, Bryant University’s Principle of Leadership course will build your skills to more effectively manage teams and care for patients. It’s a practical course developed so that you can apply new leadership skills to your practice immediately.
Instructor Michael Gerlach will guide you through leadership theory and extensive interpersonal skills. Modeling and mirroring exercises are designed to increase confidence, helping you to inspire colleagues and resolve conflicts. Streamline the care process by improving communication, active listening, delegation, and team building skills.
By the end of the class, you’ll leave with a definitive leadership career plan and goals. Be prepared for your next career opportunity by registering for the course today.
“A huge part of the course is working on real-life leadership skills that can be applied in anyone’s practice.”
Instructor Michael Gerlach, M.S.P.A., PA-C
What You’ll Learn
As a student in this course, you will:
- Gain insight into different leadership theories such as scientific, moral, transactional, transformational, and situational.
- Assess current knowledge and skills in essential leadership practices.
- Apply leadership theories to clinical practice scenarios.
- Build skills in areas of:
- Gaining and maintaining trust
- Team leadership
- Conflict resolution and management
- Creating and maintaining culture
- Power and influence
Consisting of eight weeks of guided learning, the course includes multimedia, interactive modules, curated readings, and meetings with the instructor as requested. You should expect to spend approximately six to seven hours per week working on coursework and assignments.
Who Should Attend
- Aspiring, new, and seasoned leaders.
- Supervisors seeking to increase efficiencies and improve communication.
- Clinicians treating patients in a practice and who find themselves in a leadership role.
- Individuals who seek to earn Continuing Medical Education credits.
Earn Continuing Medical Education Credits
This course provides 24 American Academy of Physician Associates (AAPA) Category 1 Continuing Medical Education credits for PAs and NPs.